Health Science Education is a program designed to prepare students for careers in health care.
The program provides students:
- an academic foundation that includes reading and writing (charts, reports, manuals...); the performance of mathematical operations, such as computations involving weights and measures; and the application of science knowledge, such as biology, chemistry and physics.
- hands-on experiences in a health care facility. These include job shadowing, clinical internships, cooperative education and other work-based experiences.
- an opportunity to become a certified nurses aide.
- health care mentors who assist with learning opportunities in a health care facility.
- community involvement with health care partnerships.
- opportunities for Tech Prep programs to earn college credit while in high school.
- preparation for employment in new and innovative health care careers
Hamblen County has 5 Health Science teachers that offer a variety of programs of study.