Employee SchoolMessenger Accounts
SchoolMessenger uses the contact information that employees have on file with the district through Skyward. Please note that district employees may only use their district email address (firstname.lastname@example.org, SmithJ@hcboe.net - this is your email and computer login with @hcboe.net) for SchoolMessenger – they can not use a personal email address.
For employees, to update your information in the employee database, please contact the personnel department so they can update your information in Skyward. When you setup your Contact Manager account, certain fields will automatically be filled. If these are incorrect, the personnel department must make make that change in Skyward and those changes will be reflected in Contact Manager within a couple of days
To verify your contact information:
1. Review your contact information by visiting the SchoolMessenger InfoCenter at https://infocenter.schoolmessenger.com or downloading the SchoolMessenger InfoCenter app onto your smart phone. (See below for information on how to sign up).
Create your contact preference profile with InfoCenter
InfoCenter allows parents/guardians and employees to control how they’d like to be contacted, and also works like a mailbox, giving you a place to review messages you may have missed. Signing up is easy – using the email address that you have on file with the district, follow these three steps:
1. Download the InfoCenter by SchoolMessenger App from the Apple App Store or Google Play Market. Be sure to select the InfoCenter app, NOT the Admin app. If you’d prefer to sign up via computer, visit https://infocenter.schoolmessenger.com
2. Click the New User button, enter your email address, and create a password. An email will be sent to that address with a secure token.
3. After authenticating via the token sent to your email, return to InfoCenter and sign in using your email and password.
- You can receive SchoolMessenger alerts WITHOUT being signed up for InfoCenter. Many people assume that if they are receiving alerts, then they are already signed up. That is not true. Signing up is the first step to choosing your notification preferences. You must sign up before you can log in.
- Each parent/guardian who has contact information on file with the district will need to sign up/log into his/her own InfoCenter account to make changes to his/her notification preferences.
- It’s best to sign up for InfoCenter as soon as possible so that you will how you will receive alerts in the future. The district can not make notification changes for you. For example, if you do not wish to receive a phone call on snow days, you must sign up/log into your InfoCenter account to change how you are receiving weather alerts.
Sign up for text messages
If you are not receiving text messages and wish to receive them, follow these steps:
1. Verify your contact information in InfoCenter to make sure your cell phone number is correctly listed.
2. If your cell phone number is listed correctly in InfoCenter, text subscribe to 67587 to receive texts.
3. If your cell phone number is not listed, or is listed incorrectly, follow the steps above under Verify Your Contact Information.
4. If you’d like to unsubscribe from text messages, text stop to 67587.