New students are those students who have never been in a Hamblen County School previously or those students who have left the district and did not complete the 2019-2020 school year at a Hamblen County School (enrolled through May 22, 2020).
All new Hamblen County School students must visit their zoned school to begin the registration process.
What do I bring to the school for enrollment?
Once at the school, the estimated time to complete the enrollment process is about 30 minutes per student who is being registered, if you have all available information ready when you begin the process. You will create an online enrollment account before you begin.
The following is a list of information you will need to gather prior to arriving at the zoned school:
- An active email address is required to register online. If you do not have one, you can try a free site like Gmail, Yahoo, or Outlook (Please have this created prior to arriving at the school)
- Basic student demographic information
- Information from your child’s birth certificate such as: child’s city of birth, county of birth, state of birth, country of birth, and mother’s maiden name
- Date first enrolled in a United States School (Month and date should be close, to actual date, but the year is the most important piece of this information. Date will be required in the following format: mm/dd/yyyy). If this year is the first time the child will be enrolled in a United States School, the date will be 08/01/2020.
- Previous School Name, Previous School’s address, City, State, ZIP
- Emergency Contacts (including phone number) (at least 1 is required ,but up to 3 contacts can be entered)
- If recording a physician and/or dentist, you must have a contact phone number for them
- Current medications
- Whom your child may be picked up at school by (Can record up to 5 contacts who are not the parent/guardian)
- If you want your child to ride a bus, note the bus number and the estimated miles they will travel on the bus (miles must be entered in whole numbers or in decimals such as 2 for two miles or 2.5 for two and ½ miles). You can find your child’s bus number by going to Find Your School Zone.
- Early dismissal, if your child rides a different bus, alternate emergency drop off location (address)
- If you do not have a MyPaymentsPlus Account, you will have the opportunity to set an account up (separate website). If you have an account, you will need to know your account information to make any payments online for items such as lunch, school fees, and Project Promise 2020 technology fee.
- 2 proofs of residence. The school will require that you present the documents at the school.
In order to verify residency within the attendance zone of the requested school, two current documents as listed below and dated with the past 30 days, must be provided showing the parent/guardian’s name and address. Past due bills or Post Office box numbers are not acceptable for verification of residence.
Acceptable documents for Proof of Residence provided by the parent/guardian:
- Deed / Lease / Rental Agreement
- Utility Bill (Electric and/or Water)
- Telephone Bill (not cell phone)
- Internal Revenue Service W-2
- Verification of Social Service
- Notarized Statement
Please contact PowerSchool Enrollment Support
at https://help.powerschool.com/t5/Support-Case-Chat/ct-p/SupportCaseChat or (866) 752-6850.